"Could I become an Aggressive Driver?
Anyone is capable of becoming an aggressive driver. Some
drivers may be more likely to become aggressive. Here is
a series of questions developed by Leon James PhD., to
determine whether you have a greater potential to become
aggressive behind the wheel. Take a few minutes to ask
yourself these questions, and be honest with yourself.
• Mentally condemn other drivers as incompetent or
• Make negative comments about other drivers to those
riding with you?
• Close up space to stop other motorists from merging or
• Prevent another driver from passing?
• Tailgate a driver to get them to speed up or get out of
• Angrily speed past another driver?
• Run a stop sign, red light or other traffic control device
out of frustration or anger?
• Honk or yell at someone to express your anger or
• Make an obscene gesture at another driver?
• Pursue another vehicle to express your anger?
• Deliberately bump or ram another vehicle?
• Exit your vehicle to teach the other driver a lesson through
either a verbal exchange or physical confrontation?
• Fantasize about physically attacking another driver?
If you answered yes to these questions, even a couple
of these questions, you may be at risk to become an